Yes, I´m back one more time. The pandemic time was one of the reasons that lead me back to this hobby. I´m playing with Studio Max again, revolving my wips folder. Here it goes a conversion (Maya to Max) that I started in 2008, the USS Ainu, a Cheyenne class variant (Star Trek TNG). I´m slowly making progress again. The original mesh was buit by Keneth Leishman.
After to see an unused concept pod for the nebula class posted in my thread over Trekbbs forums, I´m thinking about a sister to the NCC-10570 – USS Apollo.
Why not the NCC-10575 – USS Artemis? The sister will have a pod based upon that unused concept, and a “cave” in the secondary hull, like the Excelsior. What do you think?
I´m back to her one more time.
Since the old days of the Wolfpack group (1998), I always admired the Apollo Class buit by Eric Peterson in the old 3ds Max 2. Along the years I tryed to built her several times. In all of them until now, I got frustated. After many years of abscence and, after to see the brilliant work of Marc Bell, Chris Kuhn, Alexander Klemm, Gidian Plebuch, Gerard Duffy and others, I tought it was the time to try again, and for the first time I believe that I can do some justice to Eric Peterson. Of course that I can´t compare my wip with the masters pointed above, but it isn´t that bad this time, right? So, here it goes the pics. Naceles, sensor pod, weapons and bridge are just placeholders for now, but I´m confident that I can build them with no problems.
Well… again, a loooong time has passed since the last update in this thread…
Familly and job takes precedence and don´t let me to much free time. Anyway, I´m playing with sketchup again, trying one more time to build a new incarnation of the old Apollo Class, a ship designed by Eric Peterson loooong time ago (1998), when the Wolfpack team still walked on Earth. 🙂 Since my mesh isn´t totally true to the original version, I will call it an MKII. In the current stage, the sensor/weapons pod and naceles are still placeholders which I got from and old low polly from Bridge Commander game, but the main shape is there. Still a lot to do:
Painting of the hull was changed a bit. I also added the escape pods and numbered the ship. To understand how to copy move and align a object to a surface in Sketchup was a difficult mission, and it took me a lot of time to do it the right way. But I´m pretty sattisfed in the end, cause I drew just one escape pod and the rest of them were a “copy, move, align” job made in a fast way. 🙂
The naceles attached to the USS Theodore were just placeholders, cause they weren´t built by me. This changed now, cause I built my own naceles. Intentionally they are a bit different from the naceles of the traditional Ambassador class, just minor things that probably you won´t notice at the first look. In time: they aren´t finished yet.